Due to the Governor’s Executive Order N-33-20, issued Thursday, March 19, the District has closed the administrative office to the public. We continue to monitor the guidance for State and Federal authorities and will re-open as soon as possible. This is a very unusual time for all of us. We will get through this together. We are an amazing, kind and resilient community. As we continue to exhibit these character traits during this emergency, we will emerge stronger for it. The Helendale CSD is here for you. Please don’t hesitate to call if you need us. Following is some important information for you.
- DISCONTINUATION OF SERVICE: During this time, the District will not disconnect water service for non-payment through June 30th. Please be advised that all fees and charges will continue to accrue. Unlike the for-profit utilities governed by the Public Utilities Commission, the District does not have the funds to forgive debt. If you are in need of a payment plan, you must make arrangements with the office prior to June 30th.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: If you need to contact customer service staff for any reason Monday through Friday from 8 to 5:30 please call 760-951-0006. If you experience a water or sewer related emergency after normal business hours the same phone number will connect you with our after-hours emergency services.
- WATER/WASTEWATER: District functions are identified under the Homeland Security Department’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) as a critical infrastructure sector. As such, we will continue to provide clean, safe drinking water and ensure your sewer system continues to work as efficiently as ever.
- SOLID WASTE: Trash service will continue as usual and the office will continue to issue dump passes upon request. The bulky item pick-up program has been temporarily suspended. Please call if you have any questions.
- THRIFT STORE/RECYCLING CENTER: The Thrift Store is closed and all donation pick-ups have been suspended during this time. You are welcome to drop off any donations in the bin located in front of the store.
- PARK: Although all of our programming has suspended for the time being, the Community Park will remain open 7 days a week from dawn to dusk (unless ordered to close). Please note that the playground is closed due to health considerations.
- FARMERS’ MARKET: The Governor has encouraged Farmers’ Markets to stay open. We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday’s unless the market is ordered to close. We do ask that you maintain the requested social distance of six feet at all time as outlined in the Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidance information. There will only be food-related vendors at market during this time.
During these unpresidented times, we have been innundated with information regarding COVID-19. Below are some resources that may help you:
The White House
Centers for Disease Control
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Office of Governor Gavin Newsom
California Department of Public Health
San Bernardino County Department of Public Health
San Bernardino County COVID-19 Dashboard