Curbside RecyclingAll recyclables can be mixed together in your blue recycling bin. Put the bin at the street, with the wheels against the curb, by 6:00 a.m. on your collection day. Place the container at least 3 feet away from your trash cart or any other obstructions like fire hydrants or cars.
Here's what you can put in your recycling bins:
• Clean, mixed paper
• Newspapers and magazines
• Junk mail and envelopes
• Advertising inserts, catalogs, and telephone books
• Corrugated cardboard, computer paper, and notebook paper
• Paper tubes, paper bags, wrapping paper, and packing paper
• Old calendars, file folders, cereal boxes, shoe boxes, tissue boxes, etc.
• Bottles and cans (please empty and rinse)
• Glass bottles and jars
• Tin and aluminum cans
• Metal lids from jars and cans
• Aluminum foil and food trays
• Plastic bottles, jars, tubs, and trays labeled #1 through #7
Do not place the following items in the recycling bins:
• Any paper that is soiled or wet
• Paper towels, tissues, napkins, diapers, paper plates, paper cups, waxed paper, or photographs
• Other "glass" items such as light bulbs, dishes, window glass, Pyrex, etc.
• Plastic toys, flower pots, tires, or carpets
• Gas cans or gas tanks
• Scrap metal
• Plastic bags
• Styrofoam - even with #6 on it
Residents can bring electronic waste, mattresses, green waste and metal items to the Helendale Thrift Store for recycling.
Monday through Saturday – bring items between the hours of 10:00 am and 4:00 pm
Sunday – bring items between the hours of 11:00 am and 4:00 pm.