Follow Us On Facebook
Helendale Community Services District logo sml
Helendale Community Services District 
26540 Vista Rd., Suite B
P.O. Box 359
Helendale, CA 92342

Phone  760-951-0006
Fax     760-951-0046

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I start or stop service?
A: Customers can download and print start and stop service forms from our website on the Customer
Service tab.  In order to start service, either a New Owner application or an Owner/Tenant Agreement
form must be completed.  If the forms are not signed in front of a Customer Service staff member, the
form(s) will need to be notarized.  New Owners will need to provide proof of ownership (closing or
settlement statement, Deed of Trust, etc.).  For tenant accounts, a Tenant Portion and an Owner
Portion must be completed in order to start service in a tenants name.

Q: Do I have to pay a deposit to start service?
A: A deposit is required to start service and the amount varies per property location.  The deposit can
be waived if the customer can provide a Letter of Credit from a previous water district.  The letter
must state length of service (minimum 12 months), and no late payments, returned checks or shut
offs for the past 12 months.

Q: When will I get my deposit back?
A: The deposit will be applied to the customer’s account balance after 12 consecutive months of on-
time payments.  If the customer closes their account prior to 12 months of service, the deposit will be
applied to the closing bill and a refund check will be issued for any remaining credit balance.  If the
customer is transferring service, the deposit will be applied to their closing bill and any remaining
credit balance from their deposit will be transferred to the new account towards the new required
deposit.  The customer must pay any remaining balance due to cover the new required deposit.

Q: My trash barrel or recycle barrel is damaged.  How do I get it replaced?
A: Contact our office by calling 760-951-0006 to request a replacement barrel.

Q: I have items that won’t fit into my trash barrel or recycling barrel.  How can I dispose of
A: There are two options to dispose of items that are too large to fit into trash/recycling barrels.  Call
the office for a bulky-item pick up.  All properties can have two bulky-item pick ups per year.  Each
pick up consists of up to five items (i.e. mattress, couch, large cardboard boxes, etc.).  For items
such as cardboard boxes, they must be bundled together by duct tape, rope, etc. in order to count
as one item.  For questions about bulky-item pickups, please contact the office.  All property owners
and their tenants have access to the County Landfill.  Dump passes can be obtained by visiting our
office.  Each property can obtain up to four dump passes per month for access to the County Landfill
in Victorville, CA or Barstow, CA.  Each pass is good for up to 500 lbs.  A list of acceptable items for
each pass will be given to the resident upon issuance of the dump pass(es). 

Q: What is the flat rate for water/sewer/trash service?
A: The rate sheet is located on the Customer Service tab under Rates and Fees.

Q: When is my bill due?
A: Bills are mailed the first week of each month and are due upon receipt of mailing.  Customer have
until the last business day of the month to pay their bill to avoid a late fee.  Late fees are posted on
the first business day of each month.  All outstanding balances are assessed a 10% penalty. 

Q: How can I pay my bill?
A: Payments are accepted in the office during normal business hours (Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m
to 5:30 p.m.).  After hour payments can be placed in the Night Drop box located in front of the office. 
All payments placed in the Night Drop box after 8:00 a.m. will be posted the following business day. 
Payments can be mailed to: P.O. Box 359, Helendale, CA 92342.  Customers can no longer make
payments over the phone. For customers who use Online Bill Pay from their financial institution, simply
add Helendale CSD to their online bill pay to make payments to the Helendale CSD.  Please note: it
can take 7-10 days for online bill payments to reach our office.  Please schedule payments in advance
to avoid any late fees.  Customers can take advantage of the free Automatic Payment Plan offered by
the Helendale CSD.  The CSD will debit your checking or savings account on the last business day
each month.  Forms are available on our website. Click on Customer Service then Online Forms (ACH
form).  Our office accepts the following forms of payment: Checks, Money Orders/Cashier’s Checks,
Visa, Mastercard.  NO CASH PAYMENTS.
Helendale California Community Services District
Helendale Community Services District logo